Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

French Cooking 101: Quiche Lorraine

When I first moved to France last July, one of my goals was to learn to cook some typical French dishes. I could already make a pretty good beef bourguignon, but I hadn't tried too many other typically French recipes. After I found out how easy a basic tarte could be, I decided to try a Quiche Lorraine. Turns out that it's not so difficult either. This has now become a regular in our meal rotation...

I like to serve it with a salad...it's a perfect refreshing and acidic accompaniment to the velvety quiche.


Quiche Lorraine

1 pâte brisée (I use premade, but I'm sure there's a good recipe to make it from scratch out there somewhere! Or you could probably use a premade pie crust.)
200 g / about 5 thick slices bacon, chopped
150 g / 1 cup ham, chopped
200 g / 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere
4 eggs
40 cl / 1 2/3 cups heavy cream (A lighter cream would probably work here too...)
2 pinches of paprika
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Put the rolled out tart dough in an 11" tart pan. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.

In a sauce pan, boil the bacon pieces for one minute and then remove. In an non-stick frying pan, cook the bacon on medium heat for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove them to a paper towel and set aside.

In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, the paprika, salt and pepper. Mix in the ham and bacon.

Put the egg mixture in the tart shell. Sprinkle with the cheese. Let it bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.

This quiche is eaten warm or cold.

10 comments:

Chef E April 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

Since I was out late last night, that sounds like a good thing to put in front of me right now...could you pour me a cup of tea too? Tea for two, lol...I love quiche and wish hubby would eat eggs...

Natalie April 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

OH wow. That looks delicious! I have made quiche before but something about yours is so wonderful! I will make tonight with a few leftover ingredients I have in my fridge!

Thanks!!

Laura in Paris April 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Looks delicious. If it is you very recipe of Quiche Lorraine, I'd love to publish it in my website (check www.aworldinapan.com) under your name. Let me know!

Sarah April 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

I LOVE quiche, so good if made right. Yours looks delicious!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen April 13, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

I adore quiche. Yours looks terrific. I had a quiche the other day at our favorite restaurant and was disappointed that theirs wasn't a traditional crust. Thanks for sharing.
Sam

Chef E April 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Take it, I thought about it after I posted, that it reminded me of you!

Mindy April 16, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

ChefE--The tea is on!

Natalie--Let me know how yours turned out!

Sam, Sarah, and JoiedeVivre--This is an oh-so-tasty version, but I have to admit that it's oh-so-not-very-good-for-you. ;-)

eman2017 March 17, 2018 at 3:48 PM  

شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث وعفش بالقطيف من أفضل وأرخص شركات نقل العفش فنحن نوفر عمالة مدربة جيدا وتغليف الاثاث وتخزينة بجميع أنواعه وأيضا فك وتركيب اثاث ايكيا بالقطيف كما تعمل شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف على اختصار وقت النقل إلى اقل من النصف نتيجة الاعتماد على عدد كبير من الفنيين في عملية نقل الاثاث شركة نقل اثاث بالقطيف
نقل العفش فى الدمام. تعتبر شركة البيت السعيد لنقل العفش والاثاث افضل شركة نقل عفش فى الدمام وذلك لما لديها من فريق على اعلى قدر ومستوى من الكفاءه والخبره فى مجال نقل العفش ,نحن شركة البيت السعيد نسعى دائما الى التفرد والتميز وذلك من خلال تقديم افضل خدمة واداء لعملائنا فى عملية نقل الاثاث. اذا كنت تبحث عن الاحترافيه فى العمل شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
تعد شركتنا شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام احدى اهم وافضل الشركات لنقل الاثاث بالدمام لاننا نسعي دائما لتقديم الخدمات باعلي مستوى لارضاء عملائنا وكسب ثقتهم فنحن متخصصون نقل اثاث بالخبر نحرص علي ان يكون موظفينا ذوى خبرة في نقل اثاث بالجبيل وايضا ان يكونوا اصحاب كفاءة وقدرة عالية علي مساعدتك في نقل عفش بالدمام بكفاءة عالية شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر

eman2017 March 17, 2018 at 3:48 PM  

شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام. اهلا وسهلا بك عزيزي العميل في شركتنا شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والمنطقة الشرقية ومكافحة صراصير بالأحساء التي تعد من افضل شركات مكافحة الحشرات ومن افضل الشركات اللتي تعمل فى مجال مكافحة الصرايرلان من المعروف ان الصراير من اكثر الحشرات التي تنتشر فى فصل الصيف شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة البق بالقطيف القضاء علي البق نهائيا وباحداث الطرق والمبيدات الامانه علي الصحه وافضل العروض واقل الاسعار من شركة الوطنية لمكافحة الحشرات بالمنطقة الشرقية ، لذا فإن الشركة تستخدم وسائل وأدوات يتم إدخالها عبر الممرات الضيقة التي تعبر منها الحشرات وتقوم برش ما يناسب هذه الحشرات والتي تعد من أفضل ما وجد بالسوق العالمي شركة مكافحة البق بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة البق بالدمام
شركة الوطنية لمكافحة الفئران بالخبر شركة متميزة و متخصصة بمجال ابادة و مكافحة الفئران بالخبر و الجبيل و جميع المدن و المحافظات المجاورة لها و من اهم الاعمال التي تقدمها الشركة : مكافحة الفئران و القوارض; التخلص من الفئران باستخدام اجهزة الذبذبات; استخدام السموم الفعالة لقتل الفئران; طرد الفئران. شركة مكافحة الفئران  شركة مكافحة الفئران بالخبر

Post a Comment

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Google Analytics Alternative